Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Memo From Dr. Bouie

Earlier this week, I tendered my resignation as President, Argosy University, Atlanta effective September 11, 2009. This decision was made with a great deal of thought and sadness. I have been at Argosy Atlanta for almost five years and have thoroughly enjoyed my tenure here.

As many of you know, I have been away from campus for the last two months due to surgery. Even though I am recovering well, I do not believe that I will have the energy necessary to effectively perform the job of President. I will leave Argosy with very fond memories, not the least of which is the enjoyment I have derived from knowing and working with many of you.

I wish Argosy University much success in the future.

Dr. Edward L. Bouie, Jr.
President
Argosy University Atlanta

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who will be taking Dr. Bouie's place?

Anonymous said...

Dr. Bouie, I was looking forward to meeting you because I have had so much wonderful things about you by Dr. Zack. I am saddened, for missing this opportunity but trust that you will gain your strength and energy soon.
Kindest Regards,
Nanziri-
From Uganda and Company founder of Kawajava.com

Student Services said...

Dr. Bouie's successor has not yet been named.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear you have not been well and are leaving Argosy. I enjoyed working with you and knowing you. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
Sincerely,
Dr. Katrina Lokken (previous assistant to Kyeanna and the School of Education)